Newz of Day
National Politics World

Malegaon blast case: Pragya, two other accused get bail from the court.

Malegaon blast case: Pragya, two other accused get bail from the court.

Malegaon blast case: Pragya, two other accused get bail from the court. A special court in Mumbai gave the exemption to Pragya Singh Thakur, Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit and Sudhakar Chaturvedi, accused of the 2008 Malegaon blast case. When the special NIA court began hearing on Monday, the three accused sought exemption from appearing through their lawyers. Pragya and Chaturvedi said that they are busy preparing for the inevitable results of the Lok Sabha elections. Both candidates are in the election. Purohit cites personal difficulties. The court granted their petitions. The court also allowed the plea by the lawyers of the accused to go to the blast site in Malegaon. The special NIA court, hearing the case against its first seven accused, had instructed all the accused to appear before the court once a week. He also directed that the request for exemption sought without actual reasons will be rejected. BJP candidate from Bhopal Lok Sabha constituency Pragya said in his petition that as a candidate, he would have to complete specific procedures of the Election Commission, which includes the nomination of his agent for counting votes in his constituency on May 23.
Chaturvedi, who contested as an independent candidate from UP’s Mirzapur seat, also gave the same reason. The court is currently recording statements of witnesses in the case. Apart from these three, the other accused in the case are Major (retired) Ramesh Upadhyay, Ajar Rahirkar, Sudhakar Dwivedi and Sameer Kulkarni. They are all released on bail. In October last year, the court had fixed charges against seven accused in the case for terror activities, criminal conspiracy and other circumstances. Hearing is pending against the accused under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act. The accused have also been charged under relevant sections of the Explosive Substances Act. It is noteworthy that on September 29, 2008, six people were killed and more than 100 people were injured in an explosion near a mosque.

Related posts

India will build a fleet of nuclear attack submarines

Publisher

Ai Dunes liked the character of Arjun and Sanjay Dutt in “Panipat”

Publisher

India got the first installment of the ten thousand American Sig Sauer rifle

Publisher

Leave a Comment