Thousands of farmers traveled from Noida to Delhi today under the leadership of the Indian Farmers’ Organization over the problems of farmers and laborers. Thousands of these farmers are coming from Saharanpur on foot to keep their 15 point demands before the Modi government. Farmers traveling from Noida to Delhi are ready to protest against their demands. However, before that, the Delhi Police has started preparations to stop the farmers from going to Delhi. Delhi Police has deployed its personnel on the Delhi Meerut Expressway. CRPF personnel have also been deployed here. CRPF and Delhi Police personnel have been deployed with full vigor above and below the flyover. It is clear that the Delhi Police will try its best not to move the farmers towards Delhi, while the farmers have left from Transport City of Noida to reach Delhi on Saturday morning. In such a situation, the preparation of Delhi Police indicates somewhere that the atmosphere between the farmers can be tense. Last year there has been a confrontation between the farmers and the Delhi Police. Radhey Thakur, vice-president of the Indian Farmers Organization, told that thousands of farmers are involved in the Kisan-Mazdoor Yatra from Saharanpur to Delhi. The farmers of Saharanpur are traveling on foot from Delhi to the Ghats. He said that at present, the condition of the farmers is miserable and the farmer is struggling with the economic crisis, but the government is sleeping hand in hand.
Farmers traveling from Noida to Delhi are ready to protest against their demands.
major demands of farmer organizations
- The debts of all farmers in India should be completely forgiven.
- Farmers get free electricity for irrigation
- Education and health of farmers and laborers free
- Farmer-laborers get pension of Rs 5,000 a month after the age of 60
- Prices of crops should be decided in the presence of farmer representatives
- Martyr status should be given in case of accidental death of farming farmers
- Farmers as well as families get benefit of accident insurance scheme
- High Court and AIIMS should be established in western Uttar Pradesh
- Gopalak gets 300 rupees per day on the stray cattle
- Sugarcane price payment to farmers should be made along with interest soon.
- All contaminated rivers should be made pollution free
- Swaminathan Commission Report to be applicable in India